Ravalli County 4-H Competition Day
Event Dates -
Registration deadline: March 26th, Register via zsuites
April 9th Speech and Demo (4 -6 PM), Fashion Revue (6:30-8:00 PM), and Art (drop off between 4 PM and 4:30 PM)
How to register on zsuites
- Go to 4h.zsuite.org and Login
- Select THE PRIMARY account (enter pin)
- Go to EVENTS in the left hand navigation pane
- Scroll down to the Ravalli County 4-H Competition Day event
- Review the rules and information using the link in the description
- Click REGISTER NOW
- All active members will be eligible to register. Click REGISTER for the first member in your family wishing to sign up.
- Complete all fields on the form
- The last step is confirming the media release that was completed during enrollment
- Click SAVE.
- At this point, you can go back and make any changes to the registration by clicking UPDATE REGISTRATION
- If everything looks good, click SUBMIT REGISTRATION
- If changes need to be made after submitting, call the extension office and we can make the changes for you
- Complete steps 8-11 for all other members wishing to participate
Fashion Revue Competition
Contest Details: Fashion Revue has several options for sewing and textile projects including garment and non-garment categories for sewing, knitting and crocheted items. Buymanship is new this year and encourages all 4-H'ers to learn to plan their outfits, wardrobe, and to shop smarter. What a great opportunity to be on center stage and walk down a runway in front of adults and your peers. The quilt category includes quilts and quilted items and will be structured more similarly to the state competition as a textile project, but will be displayed and hung with the art projects.
Speech & Demonstration Competition
Contest Details: Communication contests allow 4-H members to share what they have learned to teach others and to share ideas and concepts. Communication contests has been divided into these categories: Demonstration and Illustrated Talks, Prepared and Impromptu Speeches, Career Communication, Published Videos, and Promotional Presentations and Commercials.communication presentation to judges and audience
Visual Arts Competition
Questions? Contact Visual Arts 2021 Coordinator: Charise Jackson, firstname.lastname@example.org, call/text: 406-381-5758
Competition is for any youth 4-H age 5-18. The 4-H Age is youth’s age on October 1, 2020. All entries must be dropped off on the day of the competition from 4-4:30 PM with an Artist Statement accompanying each entry (see Contest Information, #2 below).
Stir-Ups Competition - postponed
Questions? Contact 2021 Contest Coordinator: Andrea Vai, email@example.com, or call: 406-961-4603
Purpose: To prepare an appealing, nutritious meal that can be prepared easily by using common ingredients available in many homes. Meal should be prepared using food safe techniques and reflect creative use of ingredients.
Participants: Individuals or teams of two. Teams must be the same age category for competition. Juniors are 4-H Age 8- 13 or Seniors are 4-H Age 14+ and older. 4-H age is age on October 1, 2020.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Montana State University and Montana State University Extension prohibit discrimination in all of their programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, and marital and family status. Issued in furtherance of cooperative extension work in agriculture and home economics, acts of May 8 and June 30, 1914, in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Cody Stone, Director of Extension, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717.