Ravalli County 4-H Education Scholarship
The funds for the Ravalli County 4‐H Education Scholarship come from the interest from the endowment invested with the Montana 4‐H Foundation ($500), the Ravalli County 4‐H Advisory Budget ($500).
Funds will be used to help students start or continue their education at a recognized college/university/institution of higher education. Applicants must be Ravalli County 4‐H members and/or Ravalli County 4‐H Alumni.
All material is due in hand to the MSU/Ravalli County Extension Office by April 1.
Payment of Scholarship:
Payment of $500 will be made when you complete one term in college, university, trade or technical school and have enrolled for the second term. A copy of documentation stating completion of first semester with 2.0 GPA or higher, proof of enrollment for second term, address of institution for sending payment, and student identification number are required prior to payment of scholarship with documentation turned in to the MSU/Extension Office by January 15 so that payment will be made to school enrolled in for upcoming semester.
- Signed and completed scholarship application form
- An official copy of your current high school or college transcriptwith signatures or a copy of your most recent diploma or GED is required at the time the scholarship application is due. Minimum overall GPA of 2.0 cumulative.
- Typed (Calibri 11 font or Times New Roman 12 font) double-spaced essay not more than three 8 ½ x 11 sheet of paper answering one of the following questions: “How has your involvement in 4-H influenced your career path?” or “How has your 4-H involvement contributed to your personal growth?”
- At least two letters of recommendation with signatures. At least one letter must be from a person familiar with your 4-H involvement, such as 4-H leader, Extension Agent, or similar. The person must address your involvement, experience and contributions to 4-H.
- 4-H Resume (See Sample Resume page):
- 4-H projects, including years (complete or provided leadership in)
- 4-H leadership positions
- 4-H activities
- 4-H honor(s) and award(s)
- 4-H community service
- Non-4-H Leadership positions, activities, honors, awards, community service, work experience and other relevant activities.
- Work experience – include paid as well as self-employed on family ranch/farm or volunteer work
Ravalli County 4-H Scholarship Application Form
Are you currently a Ravalli County 4-H member? Circle one: Yes No
Are you a Ravalli County 4-H Alum (leader or member)? Circle one: Yes No
Number of years in 4-H (total years of member or leader): List the years:
Number of years in 4-H Leadership (Project or Enrolled 4-H Leader):
Post-secondary school you plan to attend:
Curriculum or major in which you plan to enroll:
What are your future plans?
Scholarship applications will be scored on the following point distribution.
- 20 points – Essay
- 20 points – Leadership and 4-H Resume
- 20 points – Citizenship: Community Service and volunteerism
- 20 points – Life Skills: Challenges and personal growth
- 10 points – Academics, Work Experience and Future Plans
- 10 points – Letters of Recommendation
Sample 4-H Resume
- Horse Level 1 (2016, 2017)
- Photography, Level 1 (2016)
- Woodworking (2015, 2016)
4-H Leadership Positions
- Horse Superintendent (2016, 2017)
- 4-H Ambassador (2016)
- 4-H Camp Counselor (2015, 2016)
- Club Treasurer (2014, 2015)
- 4-H Camp (2014)
- 4-H Congress (2015, 2016, 2017)
- Fourth Grade Farm Fair (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
- Stir-Ups (2014, 2015, 2016)
4-H Honors and Awards
- Top Senior in Prepared Speech at Competition Day (2016)
- Best Cat Photo at the Ravalli County Far (2015)
4-H Community Service
- Highway Clean Up (2014, 2015, 2016)
- Christmas Program at Senior Center (2015)
- Kiwanis Park Clean Up (2015, 2016)
- Lettered in Track (2015, 2016, 2017)
- Key Club President (2017)
- Employed at Super 1 (2014, 2015, 2016)
- Volunteer at Haven House (20 hours/month from 2015-2018)